The Rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link to their blog.
2. Display the award logo.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers (more or less) and provide a link where they may be found.
4. Go to their blog, leave a comment to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Mention three things that inspired you the most during the past few weeks.
Three Things That Inspired Me Recently:
1. The Show. Last week was Show Week at school. On Thursday night, we opened our middle school musical: Wonka, Jr. This was the fourth musical and the sixth play overall that Drama Guy and I have directed together and while it is a lot of work, there are always many inspirations along the way. In My Wife's analysis, our Oompa-Loompas stole the show. Out of necessity, one devotes a lot of time to the leads in a play and ours did just fine. But when the ensemble can hold up their end and make the most of their own moments, you know your program's heading in the right direction.
2. The Concerts. My daughter has been a daily source of inspiration from birth. Now in 5th grade, she's busy with her own performing arts endeavors. In recent weeks, it's been school concerts: band (alto sax) last week, chorus two weeks before that. In total, she performed in five ensembles: 5/6 chorus, 5-8 chorus, African drumming ensemble, 5th grade band and 6th grade band. Through it all, she always looks confident and, more importantly, happy. Now she wants to teach herself to play the harmonica. Her music teachers think this is all my doing but in all honesty, I do my best to stay out of her way. Go get 'em, kiddo!
3. The Bread. I'm baking, folks! I'll write more about such adventures once I get through the last few episodes of Star Trek. For now, a photo from one of my early attempts:
It tasted just fine, I swear!
I know not everyone is so keen on these awards but for me, they're an opportunity to honor my friends. I don't know if I'd bother blogging anymore if not for the kind folks who take the time to read the drivel I post. Regardless of whether any of you chooses to post this award or pass it on, you definitely deserve it:
- Nancy Mock
- DAVID WALSTON
- Toi Thomas
- Trisha F
- Stephanie Faris
- Marcy S. Hatch
- Veronica Rundell
- Megan Whitson Lee
- Andrew Leon
- Jennifer Ellis