I am both honored and humbled to be nominated for the Creative Blogger Award by Spacerguy, Star Trek Enthusiast, First Class. His site, Star Trek - Sci Fi Blog, is one of my favorites. Spacerguy is one of my companions for the Animated Series project. Thanks for the nomination, sir!
1. Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
3. Nominate 10-20 blogs and notify them.
4. Pass on the rules.
1. We just got back from a family vacation in Montana. We spent a week on the northern edge of Flathead Lake, not far from Glacier National Park. It was the first time in the state for me.
2. I'm trying to learn more about food, partly by reading but also by cooking. One food hobby I really enjoy is mixing cocktails. While I'm generally more likely to drink beer or wine, I love the mad scientist aspect of amateur bartending. My wife generally favors fizzy gin drinks: gin rickey, gin fizz and gin and tonic. Sidecars have also been a gratifying discovery. Mixing doesn't exactly qualify as cooking but I think there's a lot to learn in terms of balancing flavors. Citrus, for example, can overpower a drink, even in modest proportions. Every once in a while, though, a delightful combination emerges. Almond and lime are a dazzling duo.
3. Playing table top games is one of our favorite family hobbies. Our most satisfying recent discovery has been the card game Gloom. Each player has a family. The object is to make each family member miserable before killing them off, one by one. Colorful storytelling is encouraged. Any fan of Edward Gorey would be charmed by this game.
4. I took my first yoga class a couple weeks ago. My wife had done yoga before but it had been a few years since she took a class. We went together to a Saturday beginner class at a relatively new studio. I'm hoping it's a hobby we'll be able to pursue together. I was actually pleasantly surprised by my own flexibility though several of the poses provided ample challenge nonetheless.
5. The Armchair Squid began life as a sports blog, initially tennis. While I don't write about sports nearly as often now, I still watch plenty. Wimbledon kicks off this week, always an exciting time of year for me.
My nominations for the Creative Blogger Award:
1. What's Up, MOCK?
2. Hungry Enough to Eat Six
3. Servitor Ludi
4. Strange Pegs
5. The ToiBox of Words
6. Cherdo on the Flipside
7. WOMEN: WE SHALL OVERCOME
9. WORD + STUFF
10. Stephanie Faris