Tales from Mos Eisley
Originally Published March 26, 1996
Writer: Bruce Jones
Artist: Bret Blevins
In-Story Timeline: 3 ABY
- A one-shot collection of Grimm-like tales starring the frequent visitors to everyone's favorite hive of scum and villainy.
X-Wing Rogue Squadron #7: The Phantom Affair, Part 3
April 1, 1996
Michael A. Stackpole and Darko Macan/Edvin Biukovic and John Nadeau
- The Rogues are trying to buy a cloaking device from the Mrlssi and the Imperials are doing their best to get in the way.
X-Wing Rogue Squadron #8: The Phantom Affair, Part 4
May 1, 1996
Stackpole and Macan/Biukovic and Nadeau
- The story arc comes to a close as tensions mount between the Rogues and the Imps as well as between the academics and the more progressive students on Mrlsst.
Splinter of the Mind's Eye #3
April 23, 1996
Terry Austin/Chris Sprouse
Based on the novel of the same name by Alan Dean Foster
- Luke and Leia defeat the wandrella that was ready to eat them in the last issue but now they're trapped in an underground network of caves.
- Darth Vader arrives on the planet and takes over the search for Luke and Leia, and also the Kaiburr crystal.
- When Luke and Leia finally catch up with the rest of their party, they find their friends have been captured by the Coway, an underground tribe.
- Luke must defeat the Coway's best warrior and as the issue comes to a close, the fight isn't going his way.
Heir to the Empire #6
April 30, 1996
Mike Baron/Olivier Vatine and Fred Blanchard
Based on the novel of the same name by Timothy Zahn
- Thrawn attacks Sluis Van but our heroes fend him off, with an assist from Rogue Squadron, a nice tie-in with a concurrently running series.
- Heir to the Empire comes to a close. Dark Force Rising is up next.
Shadows of the Empire #1
May 7, 1996
3 ABY - 3.5 ABY
- Shadows of the Empire was a multimedia campaign including a novel, comic books, a video game, trading cards, a music soundtrack and a toy line.
- The story is set between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, making it an interquel, a new word for me.
- We join the tale immediately after the conclusion of Empire. Luke is still reeling from the shock of Vader's revelation and getting used to his new prosthetic hand.
- The Emperor is recruiting underworld help to support a final crushing blow to the Rebellion.