Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Squid Eats: Burlington Bay Market and Cafe

We've had a relatively warm stretch in northwest Vermont of late.  Highs on both Friday and Saturday were in the high 40s.  As such, Saturday was a nice day to be out and about in Burlington.  Burlington Bay Market and Cafe is a nice spot for a quick lunch on the waterfront with a decent view of Lake Champlain.  


I got a turkey grinder (sub or hoagie in other parts of the country), my wife an avocado BLT.  We got fries to share.  I'm a big turkey grinder fan and typically get mine without cheese, puzzling to my friends.  You may have heard.  Cheese is a big deal here.  Mine was good and we agreed the fries were good.  Unfortunately, my wife was disappointed by her sandwich - too much mayo, not enough avocado.  If you're gonna call it an avocado BLT, the avocado should be a more prominent feature.

6 comments: