Sunday, May 2, 2010

All Part of My Fantasy: A Bird in Hand

Week: April 25-May 1
Current standing in league: tied for 3rd out of 12
My Player of the Week: Heath Bell (relief pitcher, Padres) with 3 saves, 9 strikeouts, 0.00 ERA and 1.00 WHIP

Bell, the Padres' right-handed closer, pitched four innings of shutout baseball last week. You can't ask much more than that.

Effective tomorrow, I will have an Oriole on my roster. Center fielder Adam Jones had a miserable April and was thus available on waivers. I'm not one to believe that having players from one's favorite team is a viable strategy in fantasy sports but it does have its advantages. It clears up any potential confusion in rooting interest when watching them play.

1 comment:

  1. I admit my strategy has always been to get as many Sox as I can. I also find myself having to bench hot players (especially pitchers) when the roll into Fenway.

    ReplyDelete