Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Checking in with the Cubs: A Brutal Seventh

What a rough outing for the Cubs! Though really, it was just a rough seventh inning as the Astros scored all six of their runs in one frame. Final score: 6-1.


Leadoff Watch

Tyler Colvin did account for the Cubs' only run of the night, hitting a solo homer to lead off the ninth. He went 2-for-4 on the night, the other hit being a double.


All Part of My Fantasy

Once again, I have to confess that it was one of mine who did most of the damage. Grand-slam-hitting Astro Lance Berkman (first baseman) is one of my fantasy players and I very sensibly played him tonight.

While we're at it, I must congratulate Matt Garza (starting pitcher, Rays), another of my charges, on his no-hitter last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment