Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm with the Band: UCLA

Band: UCLA Bruin Marching Band
University: UCLA
Founded: 1921
Current Director: Gordon Henderson



Given the school's location, it's no surprise that the band's screen credits, both on- and off-camera, are extensive. The UCLA Bruin Marching Band has appeared in such films as Hello Dolly and That Thing You Do and such TV shows as The Simpsons. They are also featured at the end of Dan Fogelberg's #1 single, "The Leader of the Band."


All This and Football, Too

My Picks for the Week: 11/14 (1st place out of 3 players)
My Picks for the Season, Final Total: 179/274 (tied for 2nd out of 3)

In the end, the three of us were separated by just a single point. If I'd been more conservative with my Week 1 picks, I could have won this thing. Live and learn.

There was, of course, another purpose in my following the college football season more closely this year. I want to make a serious run at my bowl picks group this time and the regular season was intended as practice. The last two years, I haven't done well: 6th out of 6 players the first year, 9th out of 10 the second. I'm confident I can make a significant improvement. I got much better at picking games as the season went on. I had at least a share of first place in each of the last four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment