|via Marvel in the Silver Age|
|via Marvel Database|
My Recent Reads
Fantastic Four #40
Originally Published July 1, 1965
Writer: Stan Lee
Artist: Jack Kirby
- Part 3 of a 6-part arc
- Villain: Dr. Doom
- Ally: Daredevil
- The FF's powers are restored via Reed's power ray.
- Doom is defeated but let go, Reed believing the wound to his pride is punishment enough. Yeah, that line of thinking always turns out well in the long term...
- The Thing is not entirely happy with his powers being restored. If anyone gets an interesting story through this thread, it's Thing. While the others enjoy being superheroes, it's a burden for Ben Grimm, just as it is for the Hulk and, eventually, Wolverine. He is understandably a bit resentful of Reed for essentially making the decision for him this time.
Fantastic Four #41
Originally Published August 1, 1965
- Part 4
- Villains: The Frightful Four
- The Wizard uses an "Id Machine" to convert an already bitter Thing to the Dark Side. Oops, wrong franchise...
Fantastic Four #42
Originally Published September 1, 1965
- Part 5
- The Human Torch is turned to The Frightful Four's cause as well!
Fantastic Four #43
- Part 6: the finale
- Apparently, the Id Machine didn't actually work on the Torch and he's been faking his allegiance. So clever.
- The Frightful Four are defeated, though Medusa escapes, her feminine allure too much for young Johnny Storm to look past at the consequential juncture.