Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Squid Mixes: Crusta



A crusta combines Cognac, triple sec, maraschino liqueur, lemon juice and bitters - peach in our case.  Some sugar the rim, though I did not.  I got my recipe from Cocktail Party.  The crusta is one of the oldest cocktail templates: the earliest sour and an ancestor to the sidecar, one of our house favorites.

The flavor is wonderfully layered.  The cherry hit me first but it was the peach for my wife.  I accidentally used too much lemon juice - noticeable but it certainly didn't ruin the drink.

11 comments:

  1. too bad I'm not a fan of the maraschino liqueur, though I do have some

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of a crusta before, my education was lacking. Tidying up bookshelves yesterday, found a nicely bound old cocktail book I had entirely forgotten - inspired to make a mix tour in 2021. If our land purchase goes to plan, there will be parties, a good incentive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Not much. Sadly, her enthusiasm for modeling has waned with age. I still catch her every once in a while, though.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me, too. A lot of our house favorites these days involve Cognac.

      Delete
  5. Oh My Goodness this sounds lovely.
    cheers !

    ReplyDelete