Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Squid Eats: Ahli Baba's Kebab Shop


This was our child's birthday weekend so we let them make all the choices.  Ahli Baba's has been around for years yet neither my wife nor I had ever been.  We love Mediterranean food, though, so we were easily convinced.  

It's a simple set up: small space (only two, long slab, high top tables), counter service.  The art on the walls features Blue Meanies, Pink Floyd concert posters, a photo of Jerry Garcia, etc.  I had steak kebabs and an Arnold Palmer.  Both wife and child had gyros and lemonade.  Mine was delicious, though drippy.  I got quite a lot of the sauce on my shorts - an acceptable sacrifice for good food.  Greasy food, psychedelic decor, BYOB, take out-friendly, late hours (open until 11 most nights, until 3 am Thursday-Saturday)...  It's pretty clear who the target demographic is.  

We'll be back.  The food was not overwhelming but definitely decent for the price.  I like the hours as it's right by the Flynn Theater - a good stop for a quick bite after a concert if we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment