Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Squid Eats: Casita

For our last meal of our recent trip to North Adams, Massachusetts, we had lunch at Casita, a Mexican restaurant.  Like Bigg Daddy's Philly Steak House and Bright Ideas Brewing, Casita is in the same courtyard as MASS MoCA (Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art), again making for convenient dining in our immediate vicinity.  My wife had tried to make dinner reservations for the night before.  Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed that night for an event and had to cancel.  To make up for it, they offered us free tacos for lunch - hard to pass that up.


After starting with chips with guacamole and salsa, I got pollo and carne asada tacos, my wife the fish and the verduras.  We had churros for dessert.  All were lovely.  Somehow free food always tastes a little better but we would have been pleased with the meal anyway.


Service was swift, friendly and professional.  The decor is art deco-ish.  Big windows allowing lots of natural light - a common feature I have noted in North Adams restaurants, a feature I like very much.


We've already planned our next trip to North Adams for this summer.  While on the one hand, it might be exciting to branch out to new restaurants, having appealing options within easy walking distance is awfully nice.

2 comments:

  1. Free food isn't always good, but it's a nice treat you've been given, the food looks great! When I could eat normal food I loved going to the Mexican restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I suppose that's true. Our tacos were good, though.

      Delete