Monday, August 24, 2026

State of the Blog 2026


Blogging Year 18, here we go!  

From the beginning, The Armchair Squid has been about storytelling.  Even in the initial sports blog stage, the vision was "every game is a story."  So's every season, every player, every team, every tournament and so on.  My fascination with Star Trek is anchored in my amazement with how Gene Roddenberry's genuinely simple concept has generated fertile narrative grounds for nearly six decades.  No matter how much I shift from one topic to another, that same yearning for good stories remains.  

I'll have the same basic posting schedule this year:

Tuesdays: Family Adventures
Fridays: Star Trek

For Star Trek, it's onward with both Deep Space Nine and Voyager.  At this point, I expect I will stick with both series through to the end.  After that, we'll see.  At my current rate of one post per week, I have over 2.5 years to think about it so no rush.  This year should get me deeply into DS9 Season 6 and Voyager Season 4.  

It's time for a new direction with my Family Adventures posts.  The blog has played a meaningful role in my life over the years.  Perhaps most significantly, it's great for keeping me going with other hobbies.  As I grow older, one of my most important "hobbies" is regular exercise.  It is my aim this year to do a weekly post on my fitness adventures.  My preferred "workout" is a walk in my neighborhood.  That might not seem much but as I live in a hilly area of a mountainous state, such walks are a lot more strenuous than they would be for most people.  You can expect a lot of photographs of the Vermont woodlands, too.

I am eternally grateful to those of you who stop by to read and engage.  As always, if any of you enjoys reading The Squid half as much as I enjoy writing it, we're all doing fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment