Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Football Fantasy: The Stampede

College League: Squid loses, 82.45-60.99 (3-8 overall)
Vermont League: Squid loses, 95.54-88.62 (6-5)
My MVP: Matt Ryan (Quarterback, Falcons) with 253 yards passing, 2 passing touchdown, 1 two-point conversion and 8 yards rushing


Photo via birdsfan.com

Completely out of the blue, I was overrun by the Buffalo Bills this week. I was confident of a win against fellow blogger Marc (Marc Whitman's Blog) but he had two Bills on his roster who both had very good games against the Bengals. Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick had 316 yards passing, 4 passing touchdowns, 2 interceptions and 11 yards rushing. 3 of his 4 touchdown passes went to wide receiver Steve Johnson who accounted for 137 total receiving yards.

We're hitting the regular season home stretch. It's nearly curtains for me in the college league. I'm three games out of the playoffs with three more to play. The situation is much happier in the Vermont league. I am still in sixth place and, despite my loss, made up some ground on points against the fifth place team. As the race tightens, I'm starting to pay more attention to what's going on in the other matchups. Mock clinched a playoff spot this week. So did my dear college friends who were our last-minute twelfth member in both leagues. I shall call them the Breeders as they just had their third baby daughter this fall.

As disappointing as the week was, I sure can't complain about my starting quarterback in the Vermont league. It was another great week for Matt Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment