Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness: Go Bulldogs!

My Brackets

Work Pool: 60 points
Control Group: 54
Mock's Pool: 50 and kaput

Second Chance Brackets

Marc's Pool: 5 points
Fairy Tale: 4 and kaput

What a wonderful tournament we've watched this year. So many have been bemoaning the demise of the traditional powers this year with North Carolina, UCLA, Connecticut and Arizona all missing the tournament. But when a team like Butler makes the Final Four, it is a fantastic thing for the sport. And the Bulldogs are no fluke. This is one of the best defensive teams in the country and they played like champions in taking out the two top seeds in their region. There's no reason, none at all, why they can't win the whole thing. I'm not saying they will. I'm just saying they're plenty good enough to do it.

There is now only one game left which can win me any points in my brackets. If Duke beats Baylor today, I get a boost but that will be it. I had Kentucky in the final. As I wrote yesterday, in my initial bracket, I would have been better off picking entirely by seed than with my first impression. However, I did better than the seeds when my first impression was improved by expert advice, as was the case for my work pool bracket. Nonetheless, the control group bracket might have been a better starting point - food for thought for future years.

Meanwhile, go Bulldogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment