Monday, September 5, 2011

My Baseball Fantasy: Marcum

Private League: won 6-3-1 (regular season finished, 1st place out of 10 teams)
Public League: 1st place out of 12 teams, 8.5 points ahead
My Player of the Week: Shaun Marcum (Starting Pitcher, Brewers) with 1 win, 12 strikeouts, a 0.00 ERA and a 0.64 WHIP


Photo via TAGSGF.com

That's right. Over two starts covering 14 innings, Marcum did not allow a single earned run. I don't think anyone's going to want to have to face the Brewers in the playoffs.

In the private league, our regular season is finished. I'll have a first round bye so I get the week off. I can now finish no worse than fourth in the league. Apart from the bye and tie-breakers, the regular season is now essentially meaningless. After leading the standings for most of the season, I could still finish without a trophy. That puts an awful lot of pressure on two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment