Friday, January 11, 2019

A Window Above: Louise

Song: "Louise"
Writer: Joseph Terrell
Original Release: October 26, 2013
Band: Mipso
Album: Dark Holler Pop



Mipso hails from Chapel Hill, North Carolina where they got to know each other as college students.  I fell in love with "Louise" on one of my rabbit hole explorations on Spotify.  It's a masterful piece of song writing: surprising chord changes, a sneaky little bridge and a life metaphor just as deliciously clunky as the old farm car upon which it's built.  Marvelous.

Want to hear all of the songs I have featured in a convenient playlist?

Enjoy: A Window Above

What are you listening to these days?

2 comments:

  1. Nice- thanks for the introduction to this group. I like the Avett Brothers and they have a similar sound (at least from this song). I love having the strings involved. :)

    Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. I've been digging around the Americana grounds a lot recently.

      Delete