Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Squid Cooks: Roasted Chicken Cutlets


Not much to this one, another recipe from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything: The Basics.  I guess the new skill developed here is the breaded crust.  Easy enough.  One suggested variation I might try sometime: using miso instead of egg as the glue for the bread crumbs.  More seasoning might be nice.  Bittman suggests the typical herbs: tarragon, oregano, rosemary, cilantro or mint in place of the parsley in the basic recipe.  I'm thinking something with a bit of heat would be nice: paprika or old bay, perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I'm not that big on breaded meats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are part of my German heritage. I always have some affection. But unlike my ancestors, I believe in spices.

      Delete