Monday, June 14, 2010

South Africa 2010: The Rising Sun

There were other games today, of course. I can hardly express how excited I am about Japan's win over Cameroon. I watched most of the second half via ESPN3 and was very impressed by how hard they fought to protect their lead. They won the game in the midfield, mostly on the defensive side. They're in a tough group with the Netherlands and Denmark still to come but I think it's fair to say that they've already performed beyond expectations.

I love that you can get ESPN3 in different languages. I watched the Japan game in Japanese and what I could of the Italy-Paraguay match in German. Soccer shall be my path to multilingualism! I'm not too surprised by the Italy-Paraguay draw. The Italians, like the Argentines, are notoriously slow starters and Paraguay, as I've noted before, usually exceeds expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment