Monday, May 23, 2011

My Baseball Fantasy: The Evil Empire

Private League: won, 6-2-2 (47-20-3 overall, 1st place out of 10, 7 games ahead)
Public League: 3rd place out of 12
My Player of the Week: Alex Rodriguez (Third Baseman, Yankees) with 3 home runs, 4 RBI, 7 runs, and a .419 batting average


Photo via Hot Celebrity Photos

When my pick came up in the second round of the private league draft, the right choice was obvious. I already had one third baseman as Evan Longoria (Rays) had been my first pick but there was no reason not to pick another for one of the utility slots. I pulled the trigger but I have to admit to feeling unclean immediately afterward.

I detest the Yankees. As an Orioles fan, that's more or less obligatory. Even beyond that, with all else being equal, I'll always root for David over Goliath and there is no bigger Goliath in North American sports than the New York Yankees. Plus, A-Rod is my least favorite among them. But I swallowed my bitter pill and I certainly can't complain about the results over the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment