Monday, May 2, 2011

A to Z Reflections

I have thoroughly enjoyed the A to Z Blogging Challenge and I'm already thinking about theme possibilities for next year. It has been a wonderful opportunity to make connections in the blogging world. My only regret is that the link I submitted was not a very good one - lesson learned for next time. Nonetheless, a few determined souls found my blog anyway and I'm delighted to have a few new friends.

Count me in for 2012! What is the scheduling plan for an April with five Sundays?

Some final baseball thoughts, too:

I had a great time learning about the history of the Baltimore Orioles/St. Louis Browns franchise. As I wrote in one post, I settled on my criteria before I picked the players, basically picking the player for each letter who had the longest tenure with the club. What I found is that quite a lot of the players who've been with the team for extended stays were better known for their fielding than for their hitting. The lesson: fielding your position well is great for job security.

The one position for which I had no players was second base. There were a few who played some games at second, but no one for whom that was his primary position. Not too many pitchers made the list either: only six. Conversely, shortstops and catchers were over-represented with four and three respectively.

2 comments:

  1. I missed stopping by during the event. Its good to meet you now. I'm already looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you made it and that's a good thing. Thanks for playing the A to Z Blog Game in April 2011.


    Don't forget to pick up your Winner's Badge at my site.
    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete