Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Football Fantasy: Stafford, Part 3



College League: lost, 82.54-69.83 (5-6 overall, 11th place out of 12 teams)
Vermont League: lost, 98.00-87.00 (6-5 overall, 3rd out of 12)
My Player of the Week: Matthew Stafford (Quarterback, Lions) with 335 yards passing, 5 touchdowns, 2 interceptions and 2 yards rushing


Photo via ProFootballFocus.com

It was my second week in a row losing in both leagues. The standings are still very close in the college league. Even in 11th place, I'm still only one game behind the guy in third. The problem is that mine is the lowest scoring team in the leagues. So, even if I can manage wins in my next two games, I may be on the outside looking in for the playoffs. My position in the Vermont league is stronger. The first and second place teams clinched playoff spots this week. Mine is one of four teams at 6-5 but mine is the second-highest scoring team in the league. It is possible I could clinch this week but only if I win and two others lose.

Stafford was the double-edged sword for me this week. He's mine in the Vermont League but he belongs to my opponent, Michigan native Special Dinner in the college league. 5 touchdowns will make up for 2 interceptions anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment