Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Squid Mixes: Kiss the Boys Good-Bye


A Kiss the Boys Good-Bye combines brandy, sloe gin, lemon juice and egg whites.  I got my recipe from The New York Bartender's Guide.  I can't find any etymological origin though I expect the name has something to do with the high lemon juice content: 1.5 oz per drink.  It is definitely enough to make your lips pucker.  My wife reports that all of the egg white drinks we've tried so far go down easy.  It helps that she's a big lemon fan.

As you can see in the photo, I achieved a much more satisfying head of foam this time.  I employed the reverse dry shake: you shake all the ingredients with the ice, take the ice out, then shake what's left again.  Not only does it produce more foam than the dry shake did (see two weeks ago) but since you've already taken the ice out, it's much easier to pour any residual foam out of the shaker at the end.  Clearly, the reverse dry shake is a technique worth remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment