Saturday, April 9, 2011

A to Z, The Orioles' Legacy: Chris Hoiles

Player: Chris Hoiles
Years of Service: 10 (1989-98)
Position: Catcher


Image via Camden Chat

Hoiles was the prototypical working-class-guy catcher whom true baseball fans can't help but love. He was the regular man in the mask during the Orioles' minor resurgence in the '90s. In addition to his fielding services, Hoiles was a decent power hitter: 151 career homers and a .467 slugging percentage. On August 14, 1998, he hit two grand slams in one game.

******************

For each letter of the A to Z Challenge, I will feature one player from Baltimore Orioles/St. Louis Browns history. I hope you will join me. I hope you'll also check out the other 1200+ blogs participating. See the full list at Tossing It Out.


In particular, I hope you'll check out my new blogger friend at Oak Lawn Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment