Monday, May 7, 2012

A to Z 2012: Reflections


I love the A to Z Challenge.  This was my second year and I find it a wonderful opportunity to meet other bloggers and connect with people with a wide range of interests.  I got a lot more traffic this time around - for a couple of reasons, I think.  First, I had a better link on the list.  Secondly, I managed to get on the list earlier and thus got more visits from those who started exploring from the beginning of the list.

I also love exploring baseball history and having the opportunity to share what I've learned. I'm delighted, of course, to connect with other blogger baseball fans. A lot of people commented on the photos I found and that may have been the most fun for me, too - especially finding the old black-and-whites of the early 20th century players.  I think Johnny Evers was my favorite:


Photo via Baseball Fever

I'll definitely be doing the challenge again next year - theme yet to be determined.  A big thank you to all who visited The Armchair Squid during the challenge and especially to the challenge co-hosts.  It is a beautiful thing you do.  Keep in touch!

10 comments:

  1. congrats on finishing for the 2nd year in a row! I'm already looking forward to next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing A-Z! I'm following now, better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I really enjoyed your theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice meeting you through A to Z! You chose a great theme, and I'm glad this year was a success for you too! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo! What is the era? Are you a Cubs fan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evers played for the Cubs from 1902 to 1913. The Cubs are My Wife's favorite team and, as such, my National League team. My first devotion, though, is to the Orioles.

      Delete
  6. So that's the trick maybe? Being higher up on the list?? I was like the mid 300's or something and for as much work as I did following others, I didn't get a great return. But I did get some and that was nice! Way to go on your success!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also did a fair amount of legwork beforehand, which definitely helped. Pound for pound, I know I got a better return from the '80s Crush blog hop - tripled my followers in a week with that one.

      Delete
  7. I am very happy to have found your blog and have you on my blogroll. Being a baseball fan for only the past 9 years since I met my husband, I love all of the baseball history that you have on here. I'll be checking back often. Congrats on your A-Z accomplishments!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete