Saturday, September 4, 2010

US Open Day 6: Dominguez Lino

Curtain Call

Player: Lourdes Dominguez Lino
Nation: Spain
Age: 29
Current Ranking: 148
Notable Conquest: Yaroslava Shvedova (30th seed, Kazakhstan)
Tour Page
Today's Result: loss to Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) in straight sets

She got tuned today 6-1, 6-0 (bacon and egg) but in reaching the third round, this veteran qualifier has attained her best ever US Open result. Her career-high ranking is #40.







My Tennis Fantasy

Amazingly, the suicide pool train is still rolling. I picked Caroline Wozniacki today and she took care of business, doing her own bacon-and-egg job on Yung-Jan Chan. I've definitely taken some long-term risks in that I've already picked the #1 and #3 seeds. I'll be completely sunk by a Wozniacki-Williams final. But I'd still consider myself lucky to get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment