Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Football Fantasy: Michael Vick

College League: lost, 88.56-63.49 (1-1 overall, 8th place out of 12 teams)
Vermont League: lost, 112.24-77.76 (0-2, 9th of 12)
My Player of the Week: Michael Vick (Quarterback, Eagles) with 23 completions for 371 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions, 2 sacks, 1 lost fumble, 10 rushing attempts for 34 yards and 1 rushing touchdown
Photo via All Philadelphia Sports

It would appear my college league team is chock full of sketchy characters.  Vick's crimes in the dogfighting operation were nothing short of monstrous.  I will not be inviting him over for dinner or letting him cat-sit. However, he served his sentence and is still abundantly qualified to do the job he is paid to do.  He is the NFL's all-time leading rusher at quarterback.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Squid. Having not a spectator sport bone (left) in my body after high school and college save for certain Olympic events, I always reflexively bypass these sports fantasies when I see them on my blog roll but I thought, what the hell? I'll check this one out.

    Now I know what you steer clear of when searching for a cat sitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They're not for everyone. Fun for me, though. And every once in a while, I find a really great photo.

      Yes, convicted dogfighters are generally not the best pet-sitting candidates.

      Delete
    2. I like the new tag line for your blog. It pulls things together elegantly.

      Delete