Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm with the Band: Alabama

Band: Million Dollar Band
University: The University of Alabama
Founded: 1912
Current Director: Dr. Kenneth Ozzello
Fight Song: "Yea Alabama"
Today's Home Game: Texas A&M, 2:30 p.m.

This year mark's the Million Dollar Band's 100th anniversary.  The following promotional video is very nicely done, especially fun for all of the old footage:



It's my blog so I get to indulge my inner geek, right?  The following videos are of the same song but filmed from two different sections of the band.  Green Day's "Basket Case":




2 comments:

  1. I really admire the choreography of these guys and gals. One slip-up is all it takes. What do you call the leader out front who throws the stick around? Hes cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the drum major - nearly always a senior who's earned his/her stripes in the band as an underclassman.

      Delete