Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Clone Wars: Holocron Heist

My friends and I are watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  Every Tuesday, we will be featuring an episode from the series which began in 2008 (as opposed to the one that started in 2003).  All are welcome to join us for all or parts of the fun.

Episode: "Holocron Heist"
Series: Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Season 2, Episode 1
Original Air Date: October 2, 2009
via Wookieepedia
As advertised, the first episode of The Clone Wars's second season is a good old-fashioned heist story.  The cat burglar in this case is Cad Bane, a bounty hunter last seen springing Ziro Hutt from the clinker. (Editorial note: I mistakenly wrote that last week's episode, "Hostage Crisis," was the first of a new story arc.  Humblest apologies.)  This time, he's breaking into the Jedi Temple to steal a holocron, a holographic chronicle of secret Jedi knowledge.  Bane has some help: Cato Parasitti, a changeling bounty hunter and Todo 360, a helper droid.

"Holocron Heist" is also an Ahsoka-is-learning-the-wrong-lessons-from-Anakin episode.  Failing to follow orders has gotten the Padawan in trouble with the Jedi High Council and her penance is library guard duty at the Jedi Temple - good thing, as it turns out, in light of Bane's plans.  Next week's episode continues the tale, for real this time.
via Wookieepedia
Todo 360 is voiced by Seth Green.  Green was born February 24, 1974 in Philadelphia.  He got an early start in the business, getting his first film roles at age 10.
via Buffyverse Wiki
Whereas many child actors crash and burn as adults, Green has had a remarkable career.  While there have been live action roles in such high profile projects as the Austin Powers movies and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series, he's made his biggest splash in animation.  He is one of the main cast members of The Family Guy.  More significantly, he is the co-creator, director, writer, executive producer and frequent voice talent for Robot Chicken, now in its eighth season.

If you would care to join us for all or part of our travels, sign on to the list below.  Please visit the other participants today.  Next week: "Cargo of Doom."

 

14 comments:

  1. The few Clone Wars that I saw on TV, I always thought Anakin was a terrible teacher. Ahsaka seemed to hero worship him. But if you don't have a little crazy how would you keep the story line going. Right ?
    I just saw this series on Nexflix so I will be watching to catch up.
    But I must say I am always so interested in the robots. Especially what they look like, how they move and what they do ! I love robots.
    Terrific review as always .

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Star Wars is a good series for robots, very different from the Asimov concept. Have you read Asimov's robot books?

      Delete
    2. The three laws and he wrote these in the 40's and 50's.
      Fabulous.
      I must read again I only read #1

      Delete
    3. I, Robot is a scifi classic. Caves of Steel is my favorite, though.

      Delete
  2. He (Seth Green) is also behind the comedy Star Wars series that's currently in production hiatus. It's a show I really hope Disney puts back into production.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cad Bane is a cool character, but I don't think I've seen this episode.
    Seth Green is in one of my favourite films, Rat Race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one. I'll keep an eye out for it.

      Delete
  4. Loved reading about this episode and now looking forward to reading about "Cargo of Doom."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some Seth Green. He's a total guy-next-door. I grew up watching him on bad Nick sit-coms. This is one of the episodes I remember from the original airings. I loved Ashoka and was so glad to see female Jedi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like the new movie will be gratifying along those lines...

      Delete
  6. Have you profiled the voice actor for Cad Bane yet? A few weeks ago, I came across a picture of Lee Van Cleef as "Angel Eyes" from those Sergio Leone westerns, and realized immediately where Cad came from. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, Cyg! That was, indeed, Lucas's model for the character.

      Corey Burton does the voice. I profiled him in reference to Count Dooku.

      Delete