Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Squid Eats: McGillicuddy's on the Green


via Hello Burlington

McGillicuddy's on the Green is an Irish pub in Colchester, Vermont.  I go so often - easily 3-4 times a year - that I'm surprised I've never blogged about it before.  I rarely eat a proper meal there, though they have a full menu.  I also don't know if I've ever gone with either my wife or child.  It's a popular spot for gatherings after work and also a reasonable middle ground with friends.  The service is friendly and the food - I typically order from the appetizer, pub grub menu - dependable, if unspectacular.

My favorite thing about McGillicuddy's (McG's) is the beer list.  It's where I discovered my all-time favorite beer: Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.  Sadly, they don't carry it any more - haven't for many years.  Mind you, that doesn't stop me from looking for it every time I go.  Even so, McG's always has plenty of interesting choices, from Vermont and beyond.  

The mozzarella sticks have been my app of choice, recently, though I also enjoy their fried pickles and chicken wings.  For the fried pickles, they've switched from slices/chips to spears so it's a bit like eating a pickle french fry.  I like their nachos, too, though a single order is way too much for one person.

4 comments:

  1. That's Lucille Ball's maiden name on her mom's side. It sounds like a nice bar althoughi couldn't eat most of the stuff there

    ReplyDelete