Friday, January 8, 2010

Bowl Season: Cellar Dweller

So, I had Texas while the guy behind me had Alabama. I gave up on the Longhorns at halftime and went to bed. Thus, I finish sixth out of six. I can only plead inexperience.

Of course, I had a great time. My fantasy football league for the NFL was fun, too, but fantasy leagues can be a bit troubling in that they emphasize individual achievement in team sports. We've already had one member of our league beg off for next year for that very reason. A bowl pick'em contest emphasizes the team and is thus purer, somehow. It certainly got me to watch a lot more games than I normally would so it is definitely a successful marketing concept! It was also my first time following the bowl season as a distinct entity. Patterns do emerge over the three weeks.

For the record, Marc finished second in the league and Mock finished third. So they get trophy icons on their profiles. My cupboard is still bare. Someday...

1 comment:

  1. My Cyber Trophy Case is quite impressive...

    I have faith that you will get yours soon...

    ReplyDelete