Friday, July 23, 2010

Checking in with the Cubs: Culinary Expertise?

My Wife and I have an ongoing argument as to whether or not the Cubs and Cardinals have a long-standing rivalry. I, as a sports fan, say they do. She, as a long-time Chicago resident, claims they don't. I am proud to say that the folks at WGN, at least, are backing me up on this one.

Friday is My Wife's day to work from home and she listened in as I watched a bit of today's game. We were both very amused by the Chicago Cubs Cookbook. Of course, we made the obvious jokes: "Step 1: open a beer" or "My Favorite Power Shake." But the book and the charity it benefits are quite real. Check it out.

Leadoff Watch

Not only does Tyler Colvin have a chicken broccoli casserole recipe to share with you, but he hit a home run today. He went 1-for-3 on the day plus a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment