Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Football Fantasy: Broken Hip

College League: Squid loses, 74.27-64.48 (3-9 overall)
Vermont League: Squid loses, 69.50-61.18 (6-6)
My MVP: Miles Austin (Wide Receiver, Cowboys) with 1 rushing attempt for 60 yards and 1 touchdown, 3 receptions for 25 yards and 1 solo tackle


Photo via NFL Spin Zone

It feels wrong to pity myself over Frank Gore's broken hip. The 49er running back is, no doubt, in great pain and is probably far more disappointed than I that his season is over. But the fact of the matter is that victory was within my grasp in both leagues. In fact, if you add his points for the game to those of his replacement, Brian Westbrook (not really fair, I know), I'd have won in both. Oh well.

The situation is pretty dire in the college league. Even with two games left on our schedule, the best I can finish is 9th out of 12. I might be able to salvage some pride in the consolation playoffs but that's it.

In the Vermont league, it's pretty simple: I have to win this week and the guy currently in 6th place has to lose. I could potentially finish in a three-way tie for fifth with a win but both of the other two guys have a lot more overall points than I do. So, here's hoping!

It was another good game for Austin, despite the Cowboys' loss - just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment