Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Football Fantasy: A Double-Edged Sword

College League: Squid loses, 93.71-75.76 (2-6 overall record)
Vermont League: Squid wins, 83.70-78.52 (4-4)
My MVP: Larry Fitzgerald (Wide Receiver, Cardinals) with 72 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns


Photo via NFL Gridiron Gab

Obviously, I'm much happier with the way things are going in the Vermont league than in the college one. If the trend continues, I'll need to give a lot of thought to how I've managed things differently in the two leagues. There haven't been a lot of differences, but enough to warrant consideration. In the Vermont league, I'm currently in 7th place, just under 21 points behind the 6th place team for the final playoff spot. In the college league, I'm still 2 games out of the playoffs.

Fitzgerald was a double-edged sword for me this week. I had him in the Vermont league but my opponent had him in the college league. Plus, in the college league, he gets credit for his tackle. It's been a turbulent year for the Cardinal offense with their quarterback situation but Fitzgerald's big game this week reminds me why I drafted him.

No comments:

Post a Comment