Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bowl Season: Out of the Running

It hasn't been such a terrible week for my picks, actually: 3 for 5. I picked Texas A&M and Kentucky, both of whom lost. But as I have left my big confidence points wagers until the end, the cost is high at this stage. I am currently in ninth place out of ten. I can finish no higher than seventh.

Mock and Marc are both out of the running two. However, my two new recruits (one from high school, one from the Tree Farm) currently reside in 2nd and 3rd place so I'll be rooting for them the rest of the way. Only two more games to go!

While I'm still hoping to stay out of the cellar, it is rather disappointing to discover that I've already made more wrong picks this year than I did last. In fact, I could have just picked all favorites and done much better. Clearly, my "system" didn't work this time. I guess I'll need a new strategy should we do this again next year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh there is no "should"....we are in this for the long haul!

    ReplyDelete