Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Squid Mixes: Purple Haze


A purple haze combines Chambord, citrus-flavored vodka (I used lemon) and lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite).  I got my recipe from The Architecture of the Shot by Paul Knorr.  Obviously, I couldn't make it or drink it without thinking of the song.

This is meant to be a layered drink and as you can see from the photo, that didn't work out so well this time.  It's definitely going to take some practice.  According to the recipe, one should drink it through the straw in one go.  We didn't do that.  After the photo, I mixed it with the straw.

The result is quite sweet.  Chambord, a French black raspberry liqueur, is a new product for us - essentially liquid candy.  As my wife says, it's the sort of drink that fools you into thinking you're not drinking alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment