Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Squid Mixes: Cider Battles II

This week, two of our previous battle winners go head to head.  Woodchuck Barrel Select challenges our reigning Swizzle Champ, Shacksbury's Lo-Ball Barrel-Aged Highball Cider.

I noted an interesting molasses flavor in the Barrel Select this time but it wasn't enough to dethrone the champ.  The Lo-Ball is drier and, at least to this point, that seems to work better in the Swizzle as it allows the other ingredients more room to play.  My wife still doesn't find it appley enough.  So, it's good but not perfect.

Winner and Still Swizzle Champion: Shacksbury's Lo-Ball Barrel-Aged Highball Cider.


4 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try these, even though I tend not to like people messing with my alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're trying them without the extra booze, too. Stay tuned.

      Delete