Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Squid Eats: Luna


Korean food is a favorite of mine.  As such, Luna was a welcome discovery during our most recent Montreal visit, a small, friendly, elegant spot on the Plateau.  We shared the Menu Demi-Lune - Menu Half Moon in English.  It includes three appetizers (pictured above): Kimchi Mandoo frit, Dalk Gangjeong and Galbi Mandoo vapeur.  For main dishes, my wife got Bibimbap (rice with vegetables) and I the Japchae (fried vermicelli with vegetables).  All were lovely.  We'll definitely be back.

2 comments:

  1. I love Korean! Most Korean restaurants here (and I assume in Canada) are different than in Korea, where you have your own rice bowl, but everything else is shared (and I was always amazed by the number of kimchis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think most Asian restaurants would accommodate family style service if you asked but you're right, the default is individual servings for everyone. Family style is generally what we do at Thai or Chinese places.

      Delete