Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Squid Mixes: Cider Battle VII


Wit's Up (WU), a Citizen Cider offering, was the newcomer in this battle.  It's definitely drier than its opponent, Unified Press (UP), Citizen Cider's flagship product.  Here we go...

Citizen Cider Unified Press vs. Citizen Cider Wit's Up

First, the Swizzle comparison.  Here, the sweeter UP has a clear advantage.  The WU simply doesn't bring enough flavor to the party.

Winner, Swizzle Category: Citizen Cider Unified Press

Sipping is another matter, at least for me.  I appreciate the drier flavor.  The WU goes down easy (too easy?).  It advertises as more ale-like.  I'm not sure I agree with that but it might explain my preference as a beer drinker.  My wife, however, still prefers the UP.  She wants a more apple-y flavor from her cider, understandably, and in this, the UP is superior.

Winner and Still Champion, Sipping Category, Her Preference: Citizen Cider Unified Press

Winner, Sipping Category, His Preference: Citizen Cider Wit's Up

No comments:

Post a Comment