Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Squid Mixes: Oriental Cocktail


An Oriental Cocktail combines rye, sweet vermouth, triple sec and lime juice.  I got my recipe from The Joy of Mixology by Gary Regan who, in turn, adapted his from The Savoy Cocktail Book.  The legend according to Savoy is that in 1924, a desperately ill man in the Philippines gave the recipe to the doctor who saved his life as a thank you.

My wife asked for something with limes and this was what I found.  It's a pretty drink with enough lime to satisfy the expressed craving.  The triple sec brings a sugary, orangey brightness to the affair as well.

6 comments:

  1. Hello,
    This drink has a beautiful story, too bad I can't drink alcohol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Wonderful! Thank you. I will happily return the favor.

      Delete
  3. It sounds a little sweet for me, but I generally drink rye straight.

    ReplyDelete