Sunday, June 20, 2010

All Part of My Fantasy: Divided Loyalties

Week: June 13-19
Current standing in league: 2nd out of 12
My Player of the Week: Josh Hamilton (left fielder/center fielder, Rangers) with 2 home runs, 7 RBI, 7 runs, 2 stolen bases and a .520 batting average
Melodrama: Sunday's Cubs/White Sox game

This is two weeks in a row for Hamilton. At this point, he has to be considered the hottest hitter in baseball.

Last Sunday night's Cubs/White Sox game was quite an exciting one with both starters working no-hitters through six-and-a-half innings. It was extra interesting for me because Gavin Floyd (White Sox) is one of mine. There was also the small matter of the fact that, all else being equal, I prefer the Cubs to the Sox and would ideally want them to win. Except I also wanted the win for Floyd for my selfish fantasy purposes. Once the White Sox put in a reliever, I couldn't handle the emotional tug-of-war any longer and I turned off the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment