Sunday, August 1, 2010

All Part of My Fantasy: No-Hitter

Week: July 25-31
Current Standing: 2nd out of 12
My Player of the Week: Matt Garza (Starting Pitcher, Rays) with 1 win, 15 strikeouts, a 2.25 ERA and an 0.44 WHIP

As previously noted, Garza pitched the first no-hitter in Tampa Bay Rays history.

Lots of changes for my players before the trade deadline. As previously noted, Dan Haren is now with the Angels. Roy Oswalt now pitches for the Phillies. Lance Berkman (1B) is a Yankee. Jhonny Peralta (3B) is a Tiger.

But the biggest news for me was meeting two of my league-mates in person for the first time yesterday: Mock's brother and another of his cousins. (They are Marc's cousin's, too, of course) It's funny the way the world works these days: you meet people in the real world after knowing them only as online personas, rather than the other way around. Mock and family had a huge shindig in their backyard to celebrate multiple summer birthdays. The pool was open, of course, but also a bouncy house on offer. We played some lawn golf, too.

Mock also gave me a huge stack of comic books. I didn't really read comic books as a kid but have become curious about them recently. Luckily for me, Mock is an aficionado with a surplus.

1 comment:

  1. As you seem to be working your way through the stack of comments quickly, I will get started on a new batch for you. I'll work some DC issues in, too!

    ReplyDelete