Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Madness: Iowans Bust My Brackets

My Brackets

Work Pool: 30 points
Mock's Pool: 28
Control Group: 28
Fairy Tale: 16
Out of Control Group: 10 and kaput

So, Northern Iowa has crushed my dreams for the year. I imagine the Jayhawks are pretty upset, too.

It is gratifying, and relieving, to see that my rooting interest bracket has done better than my straight underdog bracket. In that one, I actually had Northern Iowa in the Sweet 16! See, I knew it all along.

The day was not a total loss. I had St. Mary's over Villanova in the work pool so I got to feel like a genius for a few hours. I had Butler in the Sweet 16, too. The way I see it, it's not over until it's over. There's plenty of time for everyone else's brackets to get messed up, too.


Rock Stars

The 2010 Ford World Women's Curling Championship began yesterday in Saskatchewan. Team USA is already doing much better than they did at the Olympics, off to a 2-0 start. I do not get NBC Universal so I will be following along online. If you care to join me, here is the link.

This year's world championship, while important in and of itself, is not as consequential as next year's will be in terms of 2014 Olympics qualification. The top ten nations over the three years prior to the Olympics qualify for the Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment