Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mock Squid Soup: April Blog List

MOCK! and The Armchair Squid are proud to present Mock Squid Soup: A Film Society!

Next meeting is Friday, April 10th.  As announced last month, the plan for April is for each participant to pick someone else's March choice to review themselves.  Let's keep this friendly, though.  If no one else's movie strikes your fancy, pick a new one to toss in the hat.  Here is the movie list, each followed by the Society member who reviewed it:

Horns - Cherdo
Death to Smoochy - Toi Thomas
Strangers on a Train - Brigit
The Dish - angryparsnip
Superman Returns - Tony Laplume
Three Days of the Condor - MOCK!
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead - The Squid

And here is the signup list:


6 comments:

  1. I am enjoying this and will look forwards to watching one of these films...maybe more:) My curiousity of the films may get the better of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so conflicted!! So many I love on that list...so many I want to see...but throwing a new one in....hmmmmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo...why not both? Watch one above and then put forth something new?

      Delete
    2. But now I'm thinking about our "trivia" conversation the other day and what if we pick something related to one of the movies on the table and we need to figure out the connection. Could be obvious (actor, writer, director) or more obscure (filming location, theme)....

      Delete
    3. I do feel it's in the spirit of the exercise to pick one of the films on the list. However, I don't want anyone looking at the selections and feel they can't participate because they don't want to watch any of them.

      Here's my thought: this month, ideally, everyone picks one of the March films, as initially advertised. Then for May, everyone picks a new one and we try the trivia promo the week before. How does that sound?

      Delete