Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Squid Mixes: Ingrid

November is Film Noir Month.  Therefore, I have named my latest invention Ingrid, after Ms. Bergman, of course.

via Amazon

In an effort to find a good use for my Bitters of the Month, Bittermens 'Elemakule Tiki (ET), I combined ideas from a couple suggested recipes from the company website.  Using my Manhattan proportions, 3:1 with 3 dashes, I combined bourbon, elderflower liqueur and the ET bitters.  The result was quite fruity.  Our still underage daughter took a sniff and sensed raisins, orange, rose and honey (future sommelier?).

My wife and I both liked the drink though she felt it needed a stronger bass note.  So, for round 2, I tried rye instead.  Winner!  So...

Ingrid

3 oz rye whiskey
1 oz elderflower liqueur
3 dashes 'Elemakule Tiki bitters
Maraschino cherry garnish



2 comments:

  1. I want to pick up some elderflower... something, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice. Just picked up a new bottle of St. Elder. It's half the price of St-Germain - an important consideration.

      Delete