Monday, December 27, 2021

Marvel Unlimited: Age of Apocalypse Reign

For anyone keeping track at home, I'm taking a slight detour from the Comic Book Herald's recommended reading order for Age of Apocalypse.  For now, I'm skipping the prologue stories in the Dawn trade and heading straight for the heart of the story in Reign.  I only have about a month left in my Marvel Unlimited subscription and, at least for the moment, I'm not planning to renew.  So, I want to focus on the main story, then go back to the prologues if I have the time.


My Recent Reads

X-Calibre #1
Cover Date: March 1995
Writer: Warren Ellis
Artist: Ken Lashley

via eBay

The Amazing X-Men #1
March 1995
Fabian Nicieza/Andy Kubert

The Astonishing X-Men #2
April 1995
Scott Lobdell/Joe Madureira

The Amazing X-Men #2
April 1995
Nicieza/Kubert

Gambit and the X-Ternals #2
April 1995
Nicieza/Tony Daniel

10 comments:

  1. Man, I don't remember any of these stories. I know I read them, but I don't remember any specifics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still all too big for my tastes. But some books are better than others.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I remember having some favorites, but I don't remember them, either. :P

      Delete
    3. It's interesting to see early Warren Ellis work... Too bad he turned out to be such a creep.

      Delete
    4. Ellis is a creep? I haven't heard about that.
      Not that I'm keeping up much these days.

      Delete
    5. From Wikipedia...

      In June 2020, several women (including musician Meredith Yayanos, artist Zoetica Ebb and photographer Jhayne Holmes) publicly accused Ellis of sexual coercion and manipulation, in having engaged in simultaneous relationships with several of them without the others' knowledge.[126][127][128][129][130] The Daily Beast reported that "by 19 June, over 60 women had joined a group organized by Holmes, all of them accusing Ellis of a largely consistent pattern of behavior".[130] The Guardian later reported that "roughly 100 women have come forward, while 33 of them have composed written statements, supported by emails and text messages, which have been seen by the Guardian".[131] These testimonials were posted together on a new website, SoManyofUs.com, in July 2020 and contain accounts of "manipulation, gaslighting, coercion, and other forms of emotional abuse".[131][132]

      Ellis responded, writing that he had not considered that others would see him as having "a position of power and privilege", and that "I have hurt many people that I had no intention of hurting. I am culpable. I take responsibility for my mistakes. I will do better and for that, I apologize."[129][128]

      Delete
    6. Wow! I did not know about that.
      I don't even know how to respond to it.

      Delete
    7. My wife had been enthusiastically following his Trees series. It has been canceled.

      Delete