Monday, December 13, 2021

Marvel Unlimited: Legion Quest Ends - Age of Apocalypse Begins

While Legion's intent was to kill Erik Lehnsherr (see last week), it is actually Charles Xavier who dies, setting up the alternate timeline story known as Age of Apocalypse.  Magneto is now the leader of the X-Men and the world, ruled by Apocalypse, has become a hell-scape in which humans are hunted by mutants.

When I first started this a couple weeks ago, my friend Andrew Leon predicted that I wouldn't care for the Age of Apocalypse arc.  So far, I must concede he's been right.  It's my frequent complaint with the teams (X-Men and Avengers): too many characters, too much going on.  Sure, I could draw up a diagram or something but my frustration pushes me to the point where I don't really care enough to do anything like that.  

And yet I read on.  This journey may yet bear fruit.


My Recent Reads

X-Men Vol. 2 #41
Originally released February 1995
Writer: Fabian Nicieza
Artists: Andy Kubert and Ron Garney

Cable #20
February 1995
Jeph Loeb/Ian Churchill

X-Men Alpha #1
February 1995
Scott Lobdell and Mark Waid/Roger Cruz and Steve Epting

Generation Next #1
March 1995
Lobdell/Chris Bachalo

via Amazon

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I ever finished Age of Apocalypse. It's... long, to say the least, and I moved from LA to CA during the story. That was the disruption that dropped me out of comics, part of the reason being too much happening to keep track of with large gaps in my reading at the time.

    ReplyDelete