Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Bitters of the Month: Lime



Fee Brothers Lime Bitters smells like disinfectant.  Fortunately, it tastes better than that - plenty limey.  I was a little worried it might not be sweet enough for what I have in mind but I think it should be fine.

As to my plans, I have mentioned several times here on the blog that one of my most exciting discoveries in the mixological hobby has been the magical combination of lime and almond flavors - definitely a greater than the sum of its parts situation.  I'm eyeing an as yet unopened bottle of orgeat syrup on my cocktail flavorings shelf.  Stay tuned.

8 comments:

  1. hmm...
    I think lime bitters would kind of be an overkill situation for me, what with the lime juice already in the drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With this one and the lemon, I can see using either for a slight hint of something. Otherwise, I agree. Neither flavor needs much in the way of backup.

      Delete
  2. Wow. You're brave to be tasting that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry Ellis! As I live and breathe! It's been a while. Thanks for stopping by.

      I don't drink bitters straight. Even when I'm trying to isolate the flavor, I combine it with gin, less often vodka.

      Delete
  3. Interesting mix but you just never know what will savour our palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be reluctant to drink anything that smelled of disinfectant.

    ReplyDelete