Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Squid Eats: Bueno Y Sano

Bueno Y Sano (translates as good and healthy) is a small, regional Mexican food chain.  There are seven locations in Massachusetts plus one is in Vermont.  We recently visited the one in Northampton, Mass.  The atmosphere is a cut above fast food, though not quite a sit-down, table service restaurant.

The menu is mostly burritos, tacos and quesadillas.  I went with the Local Beef Chili Burrito, the "local beef" sourced from Roaming Farm in Deerfield, Mass.  It was serviceable, though short of spectacular.

Before:


After (well, midway through):


I added a pico de gallo-esque chunky salsa.  If we go again - and given the location, price and speed of service, I expect we will - I might try the "medium" salsa for a bit more heat.  Unfortunately, there's nothing hotter on offer.  The East/West Burrito, an Indian-Mexican fusion concept, and the Korean BBQ Tacos will also be worth trying sometime.

Overall, it's not bad, though I'll take Vermont's Mad Taco any time.

6 comments:

  1. There's a taco truck in Eureka that has Korean street tacos and, omg, those are probably the best tacos I have ever had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite at Mad Taco is a kimchi taco. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

      Delete
  2. When Daughter lived in LA (long time ago) and I would visit and we would find where Roy Choi truck was that day and have the best est tacos ever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually that opened burrito looks really good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was alright - not especially adventurous in terms of flavors.

      Delete