Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Football Fantasy: Individual Defensive Players

College League: Squid loses, 79.52-65.65 (2-4 overall record)
Vermont League: Squid loses, 95.00-66.04 (2-4)
My MVP: E.J. Henderson (Linebacker, Vikings) with 2 interceptions, 2 passes defended, 4 solo tackles and 5 assisted tackles


Photo via Vikings Gab

My opponent in the college league this week shall go by the name of Wild Turkey. She is the wife of last year's commissioner or, just as accurately, last year's commissioner is Wild Turkey's husband. I consider both of them to be among my favorite people in the whole world and it is my good fortune, as well as theirs, that they are married and we get to see them as a package deal. As I wrote in a post last year, they introduced me to My Wife. 'Nuff said.

My overall records in both leagues are somewhat discouraging. However, I am still just one game out of a playoff spot in both cases so I am not losing hope yet. I'm feeling optimistic about the upcoming weekend.

E.J. Henderson is my second individual defensive player (IDP) to be featured in this space. He is also my first Maryland Terrapin of the season. I really like having IDPs on the fantasy roster. The IDPs in our college league are not position-specific but I am already giving thought to other arrangements for future leagues. One could have a full roster league with 2 DEs, 1 DT, 3 LBs, 2 CBs, 2 Ss and one flex on defense plus 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 RB/WR/TE flex and 1 K on offense: 19 total starters. Or why not a defense-only league, completely turning the fantasy football concept on its head?

No comments:

Post a Comment