Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Squid Eats: Maliwan Thai Restaurant

A few years ago, Maliwan Thai Restaurant took over the space previously occupied by Joyce's Noodle House, our family's default Chinese food option (see here).  I will always take Thai cuisine over Chinese so even though it's not far from Sukho Thai (our usual spot, see here), I see Maliwan as a welcome upgrade.  My wife and I went for lunch last Friday.

She got pork shumai dumplings and tom yum soup.


I got pad ka prow with chicken - on the hotter side of medium spicy, I'd say, which is a good thing by me.


I would still call Sukho our favorite but not for any particular reason other than sentimental value.  Maliwan is still perfectly nice - more windows, too, which makes for more natural daylight.  Maliwan is also marginally closer to Phoenix Books, one of our favorite local independents so depending on our other errands, it might be the better choice.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a good place for eating out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a tasty meal. Always nice to have more good places to choose from. Nice that you have this one now too. :)

    ReplyDelete